Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Finales, Spin-offs, and Denny Crane

In this month of season finales, I can't help but to consider the shows that last, and those that don't. The ones where you get closure and the vast majority that don't. I can't help but wonder about the shows that run past their prime, and those that "jump the shark" as it were.

If I compare my life to a sit-com, I'm long past funny, past stagnant. I've reached the point where the older couple would adopt a child. Or the smarter co-star would die, leaving a flailing, less than whole cast and a fading star to change careers and/or maybe adopt a kid.
I don't see me adopting a kid and there is no co-star, so I suppose it might be time to look for a spin-off.
New job, new city, hell if I'm lucky, maybe a hot, new co-star.

Or maybe this show has had its run. Maybe it doesn't get renewed or a spin-off. No new Darren, no new neighbor or landlord. Maybe it's time for the traveling one-man show... Shatner style.

If Kirk can become Denny Crane, and Mal can become Castle, maybe, just maybe, there is hope for a new character. Let's just hope I can skip the TJ Hooker and Drive and please, please, the Arachniphobia periods.
Kirk out...
Denny Crane.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Columbus is nice :)

~Wessie

Guitars81 said...

I'm still in your sitcom...

NetJunkie - RW said...

Always. :)